Our Digital Footprint

Hello all 🙂

We hope you will enjoy this video/podcast for our Student Blogging Challenge 3. Here is a glimpse into our digital footprint and our quest to write quality comments.

You can listen to the podcast by going to the icon on the top right of our sidebar or click here Townshipper Pod

or

View the You Tube video below:

16 thoughts on “Our Digital Footprint

1. WOW! All I can say is WOW! For first time bloggers, your class is stepping in quickly to using those web2.0 tools.

In 4 years of blogging, I have never done a video and uploaded it to youtube with my classes.

You will need to write a post telling your readers how to do it.

• Hey Miss W,

Thank you so much for your positive comment!

This is actually our 2nd year blogging. I actually taught many of these students last year because we are a grade 3/4 class. Hence, all my 3s are now in grade 4! I changed my URL this year from barnardoneillc to missbarnard….. because it made more sense, but you bring up a good point that I should probably show in a sidebar our link to last year’s blog

Secondly, although time is always a concern, I am thinking of starting a PD blog (as many wonderful educators have), which all bloggers can access for tips about my learning experiences in this fast paced, high-tech world.

Although I don’t want to advertise, Macs are great in the classroom when it comes to making and producing movies or podcasts. Sharing is even easier because it uploads it automatically to your YouTube account

I tell my students that you are one of the engines behind the Student Blogging Challenge. I believe this experience is so enriching and a reason why I decided to mentor this year!

Cheers!

Miss B

• Hi Miss W

You must be so exhausted commenting; don’t you also have a class to take care of?

How to you organize yourself with all the students and blogs?

Dylann

2. Dear Miss B and students,

Wow! What a fantastic movie about blogging, connecting, and creating a digital footprint to be proud of! Well done!

One of the things I like most about blogging is meeting new friends. It’s fun to peer into classrooms and learn from one another.

I’m glad you enjoyed the Nonfiction Video by Sheriff Salisch and Sheriff Yollis! Yeehaw! We met each other through blogging and started a literacy blog called the
    The Reading Round-Up You’ll have to mosey on over sometime!

Keep up the good work! I’ll be sure to add your fabulous blog to our blog roll!

Glad you liked our quality commenting video!

Sincerely,
    Mrs. Y♥llis
    (AKA Sheriff Yollis)

• Dear Mrs Yollis (aka Sheriff Yollis),

I’m glad you enjoyed our Digital Footprint video. We learned so much along the way and my students are so proud to be able to connect with classes that are excited about learning!

Between Sunday house choirs and corrections, I went to browse The Reading Round-up and I know my students will just adore the site. You can mosey on over whenever. Reading is so important in our class and sharing our reading is part of the fun!

Thank you for adding us to your blogroll.

I know students will be excited to reply back on Monday 🙂

Miss B

• Mrs. Yolis,

It took us a lot of work to make this video, just like I’m sure it took your students a long time to make their commenting video.

Thanks for the comment you left my classmates and I and Miss B.

We will go and check out what you are all up to!

Justin WL

3. Dear Miss B. and students,

Your video about digital footprints was fantastic! I enjoyed seeing how connections and additional learning can happen through exploring blogs.

You are all off to a marvelous start on your blogging adventures. I will add your blog to our blogroll so my students can also follow what you are learning about.

I’m glad you enjoyed visiting our blog and watching the nonfiction text features video with myself and Sheriff Yollis. It was a lot of fun to make!

Sincerely,
    Mr. Salsich

• Hey Mr. Salsich,

The students all want to make a cowboy video of their own now! Your video on nonfiction will definitely be viewed again when we start our researching projects! Pronouncing your name was one of the tricky ones, especially for our french canadian students!

I often tell my students that blogging is a wonderful way to explore learning; seeing what others and how others are demonstrating their learning. My students haven’t let me forget that I need to show Mr. W (their science teacher) your Chameleons video.

Thank you for adding us to your blogroll. We look forward to more sharing and learning in the future 🙂

Miss B

PS I know my students will want to reply back on Monday too

• Hey Mr Salsich,

The nonfiction video was great and funny. I liked how you and Mrs. Yollis got dressed as a “cowboy and cowgirl.” Yeeehaaaw! I hope everyone else liked it as much as I did!

From Mercedes

4. Hi Miss B,

This is an incredible video post about digital footprints, quality commenting, and the connections from PLN!

When I first started following Mrs. Yollis’ and Mr. Salsich’s blogs, I hadn’t realized I was creating digital footprints. I was just really inspired by them, so I kept returning to their blogs and enjoyed leaving comments. Those comments and interactions were “footprints” that were paths and trails that others can view and merge with. Your video captured those imprints on our digital community in such a tangible and creative way.

When you sent me the Tweet that day, I remembered you from last year’s Student Blogging Challenge, and remembered your quality comments. I’m so glad our paths have crossed again!

I look forward to returning to your blog to hear all the creative learning your students will experience this year!

Kind regards,
    Mrs Watanabe

• Hi Mrs. Watanabe,

I am so glad you have all enjoyed our video. In our class, we try (having crazy schedules) to make time as a class to “surf” our favourite blogs and explore their learning together. Growing our PLN is important because we believe others have so much to offer us. How wonderful it is to have passionate educators and learners to draw from. It inspires us and gives us wonderful ideas to continue that growth on our end!

My 13 wonderful students are still awaiting their ungraded netbooks for this year, which should arrive this week. They have viewed Mrs. Martinez’s video and handwritten their comment for now. They will type it up and comment on Mrs. Martinez’s new site shortly. My students will no doubt want to tweet back directly to you after they have commented!

Looking forward to all these great connections!

Miss B

• Hi Mrs. Watanabe!

Thank you for leaving a comment. Cassandra and I, Maddy are new to Miss B’s so we don’t have our own avatar yet!

We will leave the students of Mrs. Martinez a comment on their video as soon as we all get our net books…I hope it’s this week!!!!!

Maddy and Cassandra

5. Dear Miss B. and class,

It was so nice of you to make that video about creating a digital footprint and practicing quality comments. We are so excited to see your blog. You look like you are off to a good start at being great bloggers.

Do you have a classroom mascot? We do! One is named Panda and one is named Beverly.

Maybe we can Skype someday?

Sincerely,
    Sasha, Mia, Maya, and Logan

• Hey Sasha, Mia, Maya and Logan,

Some of my students headed off to your blog today. They told me that they tried particularly hard to leave quality comments. They mentioned something about traditions?

I will have to go and check it out for myself because I just love family traditions!

We actually don’t have a class mascot???? We’ve had some class pets come and go 🙁 Perhaps you could tell me a little more about the advantages of having a class mascot…try and persuade us!!!!

I’m sure my students would love to Skype with you. We’ll have to set something up. Maybe about a book we’re both reading?

À bientôt….French for ‘see’ you soon!

Miss B

6. Pingback: How to … at Miss B's Block 2011-2012